- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 08-23-2018
Hobson Eye Associates in Kennesaw, GA Celebrates Contact Lens Health Week in August
Your Hobson Eye Associates in Kennesaw, GA will celebrate Contact Lens Health Week August 20-24, 2018. You will learn how contacts can benefit you if you take care of them.
Contact Lens Types and Their Benefits Over Glasses
Daily-wear soft contact lenses provide a comfortable fit, and extended wear contacts can remain in your eyes for up to 30 days. The rigid gas permeable lenses are hard, flexible contacts that still allow oxygen to pass through them and often provide sharper vision than soft lenses. You also have the choice of multifocal lenses that can correct both near and far vision and colored contacts for fashion purposes.
Benefits contacts have over glasses include that they do not fog up, and mud or rain does not splatter on them. You also have no frames to block your vision and the lenses move with your eyes to provide a natural field of view. Some people also like how they look when not wearing glasses.
How to Keep Your Contacts Clean
Your optometrist may recommend a multipurpose solution for soft contact lenses. Otherwise, we prescribe a hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner if you experience an allergic reaction to the multipurpose cleaner. For rigid gas permeable lenses, we typically would recommend a different wetting, cleaning and disinfecting regimen than what you would use for soft contact lenses.
We can help you with the cleaning steps for your contact types. In the meantime, keep in mind these tips:
- Rub and rinse your contacts and place them in fresh solution every time and let your cases dry completely between each use.
- Never mix old solution with new because it could reduce its effectiveness.
- Wait at least 4-6 hours before placing peroxide-soaked contacts in your eyes to avoid burning, stinging or redness.
- Never clean your contacts with water because it can change their shape and cause the spread of germs.
Call Hobson Eye Associates in Kennesaw, GA for an Appointment Today!
Your Kennesaw, GA clinic is now taking new contact lens patients. Call Hobson Eye Associates at 770-424-2020 or schedule an appointment online.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.