Colored Contacts at Hobson Eye Associates, Your Kennesaw Optometrist
Many people love the thought of changing the look of their eyes. With colored contact lenses, you can do just that. At Hobson Eye Associates, we aim to ensure you have access to all of the best products available including any type of contact lens that can help you to improve your vision or even change your look. Your first step is to schedule an appointment with your Kennesaw optometrist. Let our team ensure your eyes are healthy enough for these contacts and provide you with recommendations for a prescription.
What Are Colored Contact Lenses?
Colored contact lenses are just what they sound like. They allow you to change the color of your eyes. The lenses range widely in terms of color and style, but most of the high-quality products available are very realistic looking. They can allow you to change your eye color just slightly or significantly. There are two main forms.
- Prescription colored contact lenses will have your vision prescription in them. These can correct your nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism. They still change the color of your eyes, too.
- Plano colored contact lenses are a secondary option. These offer no change to your vision quality. They are a cosmetic form of contact lenses that will not change your vision.
Are Colored Contact Lenses Safe?
This is a question we often hear. The first versions of contact lens were readily available online and many of these products were quite poor in terms of quality. Today, the quality of these lenses has improved significantly and that means there is a real opportunity for you to enjoy a very realistic look to your eyes.
The lens is clear. It fits right over your eye and changes the color of the colored portion of your eye online. There are several types of tinting available in these lenses. Here's a closer look at them.
- Enhancement tint is a solid and translucent type of tint. It enhances the natural color of your eyes to change it, so to speak. These are best for those who have a lighter eye color who want to make their color more intense or deep.
- An opaque tint is not transparent and will change the eye color completely. This option is best for those who have a darker color and want to change it.
- Visibility tint is a more common option. These are light blue and can be green in tint. These contact lenses are not true color changing, as they do not change your eye color specifically, but they do have some tinting in them to help you with placing them in your eye.
You can choose from a wide range of colors and styles. You can even find colored contact lenses that change the overall look of your eyes, creating more of a cat-like look for example. You'll find brands such as Acuvue, Biofinity, Expressions Colors, and Air Optix available to you through our team.
Schedule an Eye Exam with Your Kennesaw Optometrist Today
Schedule an eye exam with us at Hobson Eye Associates to see your Kennesaw optometrist and learn more about how these contacts fit your needs: 770-424-2020.